Monday, April 28, 2008

Ireland Trip Review Part 1

What an amazing country. There is so much to see and do there. Unfortunately my visit was limited to Dublin and Athlone. Because my wife is Irish, we were able to stay with family and enjoy their company every night of our stay. During the day we went off and did tourist type activities.

Although I wanted to do some hiking there was never any time for it. I spent most of my days walking through historic buildings/sites and shopping malls. Getting onto some trails was just too hard to do.

The weather was, well, Irish. Let's face it, the local weather report said, and I'm really quoting this, "…with Frequent Changes." It only rained once while we were there but it was almost always overcast and fairly cold. We did get a couple of truly spectacular days though.

Places of interest:


No comments: