Friday, July 18, 2008

Absenteeism

I’ve been busy lately with the family and work but I have found a new hobby, Genealogy. Several times in the past years I've gone looking for family tree info on the internet. I’ve always been able to find the same old stuff. I'd send some updates to whoever ran the site and a couple of years later I could never find the same stuff again.

Well, tired of sending emails for the umpteenth time I decided to keep track of it myself. http://www.familySearch has a great free program to aid in the creation of your family tree. There are several places on the internet where you can find GEDCOM files to start you tree with or just start with what you know and build on it.

I've been having fun with it and discovering that it really tries to take over in the hobby department.

No comments: